Thursday, November 11, 2021 3PM CST
On today’s episode, host Jerome D. Love has a candid conversation with someone who really needs no introduction. Millions of fans have known his name for decades as a member of the iconic music groups Bell Biv Devoe (BBD) – and New Edition but today we shine the spotlight on him as an entrepreneur and businessman.
Our guest, Ronald Boyd Devoe Jr. is the CEO and founder of Devoe Real Estate, a brokerage based in Atlanta, Georgia. As a self-proclaimed survivalist, with no prior blueprint of what to do with money, Ron shares what he did when he got his first “real check,” why real estate is the best thing on earth, and how he went from bankruptcy to a thriving real estate business! Ron Devoe is now helping other Black people close the wealth gap through home ownership and gives insight into the Keys Unlock Dreams Initiative.
- Creating a budget. Paying yourself before paying Uncle Sam.
- The value / benefit of moving your family into a new home and environment upon making money.
- There’s an abundance of money in the world. Making the choice of being “mobile” as a renter vs. building wealth through home ownership.
EP.2 – RON DEVOE Pt. 1
- What was the first thing I bought when I got my real check, was a moped for $200. [8:05]
- Give me my roses! I was the first one out of the New Edition crew to move my family out of the projects. [11:07]
- There’s too much money out here; you make the choice if you want to be “mobile” as a renter or build wealth through home ownership. [19:33]